My travels led to frustration and after many a dead end, I nearly gave up. I helped a wise old man to cross a river and we started talking and I told him about my yearning, purely because I am inquisitive and would like to share it with everybody at the WordPress weekly photo challenge. He told me that I will be disappointed but as I helped him (and not because I helped him) I may have the ability to process the disappointment but I must be prepared to wrap my mind around what I will hear. I looked at him questioningly but he sent me on my way. After traveling through a valley and climbing a mountain, I entered the cave and there it was!
- Mirror, mirror on the wall show me the most beautiful place and person of them all?
- Just for interest sake, why do you want to know?
- I want to to take a photo of the most beautiful person in the world at the most beautiful place in the world. Just imagine – double the beauty.
- I do not know where it is and who that person is.
- But, but you are the magic mirror and I came afar!?
- My powers are much stronger. I can immediately double the beauty of a person looking at me and if you point me at any place I double it’s beauty – learn to appreciate and reflect on simple things close to you and beauty will abound…
Abrie in a rare philosophical mood
In the first 2 photos the beauty is doubled and enhanced with the varying colours during and after a sunset. In the third and fourth photo simple birds do a beautiful synchronized dance while hunting insects and the snow-capped Swartberge (Black Mountain) where the magic mirror stays, looks on.
All photos taken at my cousins’s farm Muldersbank close to Oudtshoorn, Western Cape, South Africa.
Reality is that not all of us can stay at a home with a view like this but all of us can follow the mirror’s advice.
You can access my other contributions to this challenge by clicking on the WordPress photo challenge category link underneath the smiling dude with the impressive hairstyle - I tried but no it doesn't get thicker with the help of my friend the mirror :)